Russia & Iran Will Respond With Force If US Attacks Syria Again

The US military has attacked Syria again, this time near the city of Raqqa where its own Daesh terrorists are in control. Fifteen civilians are reported dead as the missiles hit an internet cafe. Mainstream media is not covering it, but RT is.

Prior to this latest attack, the Russian-led coalition supporting the Assad secular government warned the US with a forceful response once another direct attack on Syrian military is done.

Russia and Iran have warned the US they will “respond with force” if their own “red lines” are crossed in Syria.

Following Friday’s cruise missile strike on a Syrian airbase, in retaliation for the chemical attack on Khan Sheikhoun earlier in the week, the alliance supporting Syrian President Bashar al-Assad made a joint statement threatening action in response to “any breach of red lines from whoever it is”.

“What America waged in an aggression on Syria is a crossing of red lines. From now on we will respond with force to any aggressor or any breach of red lines from whoever it is and America knows our ability to respond well,” the group’s joint command centre said.

Should the latest attack on Raqqa count as another attack against Damascus?

That may not be the case yet, but certainly this highly provocative resumption of US military operations in Syria should add more to the animosity that Trump’s unexpected approval for missile attacks on a frontline military airbase of the Assad government has done towards Russia.

It must be remembered that for several occasions, the Putin government has exercised its patience over the unceremonious eviction of Russian diplomats from the US, and four diplomatic assassinations in the US and in other parts of the world, during the last days of Barack Obama.

It is highly unlikely that Vladimir Putin would just let these latest provocations go unanswered. In fact, Moscow and Washington are “an inch away from the confrontation” after the US missile strike on Syria, the Iranian president Rouhani said, citing Russian officials.

As we speculated in our previous posts, the disappearance of 36 Tomahawk missiles can only be explained by their successful interception. However, the Russians are now realizing that S-400s alone are not enough.

Without Pantsir, Buk and Tor, S-400s Alone Not Enough to Cover Syria’s Skies

Sputnik

In the aftermath of Thursday’s Tomahawk cruise missile attack on the Ash Sha’irat airbase in Homs, Syria, Moscow vowed to strengthen its air defense umbrella over the country. Experts have already explained which systems need to be deployed to ensure Syria’s safety against future US attacks.

Russian Defense Ministry spokesman Maj. Gen. Igor Konashenkov has confirmed that Moscow will be strengthening Syria’s air defenses following the massed US cruise missile attack on a Syrian airbase Thursday night.

“In order to defend the most sensitive objects of Syrian infrastructure, a number of measures will be implemented in the near future to strengthen and improve the effectiveness of the air defense systems of the Syrian Armed Forces,” Konashenkov said Friday at a Ministry briefing.

The spokesman suggested that it was noteworthy that only 23 of the 59 Tomahawk cruise missiles launched from US Navy destroyers made it to their targets at Ash Sha’irat. “It is not clear whether the other 36 cruise missiles landed,” Konashenkov said, without offering any more details.

Indeed, an air of mystery now surrounds the three dozen failed cruise missiles, with experts speculating over whether they were simply duds, past their “best before” date, or if they may have been shot down by Syria’s air defenses.

Russian experts, meanwhile, have also explained that Russia’s own air defense systems deployed in the country are marked for the pinpoint defense of Russian military sites and hardware in the country. Furthermore, they’ve pointed out that until Thursday’s incident, the Russian systems had operated in accordance with Moscow’s memorandum with Washington on avoiding incidents over Syria’s skies. This presumably meant that the air defenses wouldn’t target presumed ‘friendly’ US objects. On Friday, Moscow suspended the agreement.

Donald Trump authorized the bombing of a Syrian military airport on April 7, 2017, barely 77 days into his 4-year term of office. The attack preceded the Daesh’s attempt to capture the airbase, effectively reconfirming the US Air Force’s role as the de facto protector of Daesh terrorists in the region.

Incidentally, the same local observer in the region has also reported the entry of 20 US armored vehicles into Syria from Jordan.

Putin has also instructed the Russian navy to reassign some of its assets to the Mediterranean Sea to protect Russia’s naval base in Tartus, Syria, under the cover of a routine “training exercise.”

Whatever the case might be, some of the US troops have already expressed their unwillingness to fight for Al Qaeda, this time around.

Assad is not the enemy of humanity.

One thought on “Russia & Iran Will Respond With Force If US Attacks Syria Again”

  1. Trump you are an Idiot a backstabber & a Jew puppet, what the bastards call a Shabez Goi. The World has virtually washed their hands off over you.Once you were a friend who had Jew cancer now, you are incurable and I hope the worlds wise have patience, Like a rabid dog, you should be put down !

We do appreciate sensible comments...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s